why ask why me?

Saturday, October 27, 2007

well i TRIED to be a good daughter

so both of my parents have their birthday's in one calender week - mom's just passed and dad's is coming up.

all mom has talked about for gifts over the last few years is power tools. dad finally gave in and got her the table saw for mothers day. and now that i am in a little better place financially i decided i should step up to the plate and get her something.

since they won't be in town for dad's birthday we agreed that this weekend i would "come home" and it would be birthday celebration weekend for both of them and i informed mom that i was taking her to the hardware store to get her nail gun.

SHE WAS THRILLED....... that is, until she saw how expensive compressors were. personally, i don't know what the big deal is but she balked. so i said fine - what other tool do you really want but she totally shut down.

needless to say, my parents are in their 60's and don't need anything - nor do they want anything so i really have nothing to give them but me visiting......

4 Comments:

  • Just so you know... I am completely open to receiving really... REALLY expensive gifts.

    Just so you know...

    By Blogger Just Sayin', at Saturday, October 27, 2007  

  • I do believe that all I want are expensive gifts ;)

    By Blogger g-man, at Saturday, October 27, 2007  

  • Get it for her anyway and tell her she better like it, dangit! Moms.

    By Blogger Psychomom, at Sunday, October 28, 2007  

  • I agree with psycho

    but I also see where your mom is coming from. I had no problem buying DC an expensive heart monitor for workouts, but couldn't find the courage to tell him to get off his ass and buy me mine, per our deal.

    If he surprised me with it, it's one thing, but if I have to go to the store and pick it out....

    I also order cheap things on the menu on a date....generally...

    By Blogger Esmerelda, at Wednesday, October 31, 2007  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home