why ask why me?

Sunday, September 09, 2007

signs

have you even been driving and seen someone else and thought "they are an accident waiting to happen?"

yesterday i had that feeling twice w/in 10 minutes, both before 8 am - AND I WAS RIGHT!

the 1st - an 80's model, jacked up pick up truck - i literally saw it's front passengers tire fall off, bounce across the road and into the grass as the truck leaned forward so the back tire was in the air and the axle cut into the road shooting sparks everywhere...........

the 2nd - i got boxed in behind a 2nd truck w/ its tailgate down full of folding tables - sure enough, he had to slam on his breaks and out came the tables right in front of me......

thankfully i saw that one coming and, even though i had been unable to switch lanes i had been @ 5 car lengths back so i didn't get hit

but still.........

5 Comments:

  • That's so scary! One of my biggest fear is getting into a really bad accident! I'm glad YOU are ok!

    By Blogger Bre, at Sunday, September 09, 2007  

  • scary!

    By Blogger Jackass Jenn, at Monday, September 10, 2007  

  • Good times.

    Although, I'm confused. If he hit his brakes, wouldn't the tables have moved forward (assuming he wasn't driving backwards) and into the driver's cab?

    I'm amazed at the things that happen on the roads.

    By Blogger -J, at Monday, September 10, 2007  

  • Oh my gosh!!

    Though to be honest, when I see some of the things people do on the roads, I'm amazed that more accidents don't occur.

    By Blogger Bone, at Monday, September 10, 2007  

  • After having a mattress fly over the car in front of me and into the front of my car spinning me 450 degrees on the freeway, I am slighly paranoid about driving behind people with poorly loaded trucks.

    One front light was broken and I was physically fine but I did pound on the guy's chest while yelling at him "You could have killed me".

    By Blogger Psychomom, at Monday, September 10, 2007  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home