why ask why me?

Thursday, August 09, 2007

tourist time

although the camera has not come out at home yet, i did finally play tourist a bit yesterday...



a friend from home was in the same state, so she came to visit... she was supposed to stay thru tomorrow but FOUR people she knew died this past week so she left this morning....



we were going to go to the aquarium - she said she would pay for the tickets for that since i was paying for other things so i didn't look it up online... if i had, i would have ordered them online... wish i had - when we got there the ticket line was over 2 hours long and she didn't want to wait (mind you, she said she wanted to visit me so she could go to the aquarium 2 months ago)... well, we passed on the aquarium, but we did go on the water taxi for a few hours, stopping in varius neighborhoods to walk around and take pictures.....

















Labels: , , ,

7 Comments:

  • You let me know when you're ready for the list of the major foodie sites in B-more. A girl's gotta eat, right?

    By Blogger Brave Astronaut, at Thursday, August 09, 2007  

  • I Love the all the sights of your hood. I've never been back east so it was a special treat to have you as my tour guide.

    The second picture does not look real, very cool, and I loved the different distances, angles and subjects.

    Thanks!

    By Blogger Psychomom, at Thursday, August 09, 2007  

  • Isn't it fun to explore a new city!?

    By Blogger Bre, at Thursday, August 09, 2007  

  • Great photos!! I just got a camera and your pictures were a great inspiration to actually stop reading the manual and just go shoot something! You know, with the camera, not like a gun. Ugh. I hate it when I clarify my comments that make perfect sense.

    By Blogger brandy, at Thursday, August 09, 2007  

  • mom - the 1st 2 are actually from the top of the world trade center, and the 2nd one is the walk way of the aquarium... the 3rd is also of the aquarium, but from the water...
    the 4th, that glass building on the left is the same building seen from above in the 1st, and on the right is the wtc....

    bre - i actually know there are a TON of features on my camera i don't know how to use.. i actually only recently learned how to turn OFF the flash when i was in a musuem and i didn't want to get yelled at - i sat there for 20 min going thru all the settings

    By Blogger question girl, at Friday, August 10, 2007  

  • a two hour ticket line?! that must be SOME aquarium.

    By Blogger Sizzle, at Friday, August 10, 2007  

  • Nice shootin Tex! I bring my camera to Charm City not nearly often enough. And never with the purpose to use it just for taking pictures around town. Usually to capture family and stuff but never to just walk around. I have always wanted to go to the top of the Trade Center, your pictures rock.

    By Blogger g-man, at Monday, August 13, 2007  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home