why ask why me?

Wednesday, June 20, 2007

job hunt 7

so.......

crap ass school district's policy is "no references - ESPECIALLY NOTHING IN WRITING"

major metropolitan school distrct is holding their line and won't let me sign my contract until their official reference forms are filled out - one of which must be done by my CURRENT prinicipal

so here i am stuck in the middle....

so i printed out the e-mail that MMSD sent me on SATURDAY (ok, seriously, you couldn't send it on friday when i could do something about it or just WAIT till monday - NO - you sent it on the weekend so i could stew/freak about it)

so i went back to crap ass school district and showed them the e-mail and the form... and they said "well you know the policy" and i replied well they won't give me a contract until these are filled out and i won't resign until they give me a contract.... also, may i see the actual policy....... to which i was told: "take the forms to the references and tell them to send them back to PSYCHO BITCH PERSONELL DIRECTOR FOR VETTING and then we will mail them out."

Reference 1 did the form in front of me and had me take it back to personell myself - gave me a kick ass reference (inclduing checking "hire w/ enthusiasm"

Reference 2 / Principal is out of town for the rest of the month so i had to go to the head prinicipal of the building....he didn't know i was job hunting like his assistant principal did but wasn't put out about it because he knew i was out of his building since last january when i requested to go to an elementary and it was approved.... i told him it was going to move me closer to family and that my dad had been having some health issues (which is all true.... i didn't tell him WHICH family... and my dads' health issues he has had FOR YEARS and the dr thought there was a problem but it turns out there isn't.... AND FOR ALL YOU KARMA FREAKS - MY DAD TOLD ME TO USE HIM AS MY EXCUSE WHEN TALKING TO THE ADMINISTRATOR)......but anyway, i digress... i don't know how he evaluated me because he wanted to actually hear from personell himeself that he could do the form....

Reference 3 did the form by having me sit in the hall and then we walked it back to personell together... i was able to that he scored me in the score box all in the top 2 boxes except for 1 box and that was in the middle (which is still a positive)... none were negative scores... i just don't know what he wrote.....

so hopefully next week i will get a call about signing....

Labels:

4 Comments:

  • I have never heard of a district that has more hoops/red tape than yours....and I know quite a few people who work in a variety of places. I remember you telling me your thoughts on WHY they do all this to their teachers. I guess from their perspective it makes sense; still though, it's messed up.

    Here's hoping it all works out.

    By Blogger Me, at Wednesday, June 20, 2007  

  • i had places that refuse to do references...that's so lame!!

    By Blogger Webmiztris, at Thursday, June 21, 2007  

  • That's a lot of drama for something so little. Good luck!

    By Blogger Beth, at Friday, June 22, 2007  

  • Man, I bet you're tired from jumping through all those ridiculous hoops, huh?!

    By Blogger Bre, at Monday, June 25, 2007  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home