why ask why me?

Wednesday, May 02, 2007

timing is everything

ok, so may of you know i have been dealing with some health problems this school year...

for the most part they have been managed by meds... but they have really interfered with my daily life

at the same time i have constantly said: "at least it's not cancer or something else that could kill me"

and then my best friends father was diagnosed with one of the most deadly kinds of cancers

and then super trainer was diagnosed with breast cancer

and then, in addition to the always, painful periods (sorry guys) the shooing pain's in my left breast became bad enough that i started tracking them but found that they aren't related to my menstrul cycle or my lifting routines or the food i eat or anything else that i can figure out....

so when i had my annual with the OB/GYN last week i told her

she didn't feel anything but she set up an appointment for to have my first mamogram

my ob/gyn is the #1 ob/gyn in the tri-state are - LITERALLY

she is sending me to a different doctor who is affiliated with DIFFERENT hospital

evidently i am being sent to the #1 boob lady

but there is MORE

then i read neil's post about "our" sophia.

then the next day i go to work and find out that our school is doing a big fund raiser walk for cancer.

so i am going to take this one day at a time....

oh - and i am going to do the walk in memory of those in my family who have lost the good fight, in honor of those who have won it... and in support of those i know who are kicking its ass - and w/ her permission - in support of sophia too!

if anyone would like to send a donation, please e-mail me at whyaskwhyme@gmail.com and i will send you my contact info so you can do so - or dontate to your local cancer society, and then post to my comment section so we know you helped fight the good fight!!

Labels:

5 Comments:

  • Wow, man. I hope it isn't anything serious. Keep us posted.

    By Blogger -J, at Thursday, May 03, 2007  

  • thinking good, healthy thoughts for you.

    By Blogger Sizzle, at Thursday, May 03, 2007  

  • I also had my first mammogram this school year, at the age of 31. It isn't as bad as everyone says. (But I've been poked and prodded in the name of medicine for the better part of my life.) Don't start digging your grave -- it could be too much caffeine!

    By Blogger Mary Alice, at Thursday, May 03, 2007  

  • Thank you so much for doing this... for Sophia, for yourself, and for all women. Let's fight it.

    By Blogger Neil, at Thursday, May 03, 2007  

  • Hang in there, QG, for I am confident that this is all benign for you. Thank you for this post. xoxoxo

    By Blogger ThursdayNext, at Sunday, May 06, 2007  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home