why ask why me?

Thursday, May 24, 2007

job hunting 4

so - you know how i made the comment the other day about my mother being supportive

well, THAT IS GONE TOO

she was so negative and hurtful yesterday, i reverted to throwing my phone again

unfortunately, since i no longer have a land line, it was my CELL PHONE

yeah, um.... - throwing cell phones is a very very very very very very bad move

fortunately, i still have my old phones, so i just reactivated one of them... and i get my upgrade in a couple months anyway... but STILL - i had JUST purchased new ring tones, and my phone didn't have a sim card, so i can't move any of my pics, ringers, or numbers.....

*sigh*

and then my dad sent me an e-mail...

i KNOW he is trying to be supportive - i mean, he is loaning me money to GO to these job fairs... but he is trying to talk me out of going to one of them because of the area it is in because it wouldn't be a good area for me to have a social life...

um - dad? news flash - i don't have one now

7 Comments:

  • So frustrating! I know it's hard to stay positive through all of it, but this may really be a great opportunity for you!

    By Blogger Bre, at Thursday, May 24, 2007  

  • see - that is what I keep reminding them!!

    they HATE that i am here, so you would THINK they would think that they would be doing everything they could to help me get OUT of here

    i am more excited than EVER about the possiblity of my future - but then it's like a blow dart is shot at me

    By Blogger question girl, at Thursday, May 24, 2007  

  • This is my first time to your blog and I'm sorry things aren't going so well for you now. I can definitley relate. And if it makes you feel any better, I flushed my phone down the toliet six months ago accidentally. All the way down. So I lost everything and had to buy a new phone. I feel your pain!

    By Blogger Beth, at Thursday, May 24, 2007  

  • Oy... parents make things harder than they need to be. We are in similar boats, and you just have to do what is right for you.

    I've found a good many friends supporting me in ways I had never imagined right now while my family sits back and shakes their heads.

    Hang in there, chica, you're doing a great job.

    By Blogger Melissa, at Friday, May 25, 2007  

  • First of all, I'm sorry that everything feels a bit 'uphill' right now, here's hoping that you catch a break soon! And thank for the information you posted in your previous post. I will be defintely checking out the site! Have a great weekend!

    By Blogger brandy, at Friday, May 25, 2007  

  • Hang in there.

    By Blogger Me, at Saturday, May 26, 2007  

  • I hear ya. Mom tells me what she thinks are mistakes, what she would do. I'm 35. SHUT UP! :-) I don't throw things anymore, though. Gets too expensive. ;-) I just put that anger and frustration energy into finding what I really want... still working on that, but at least I'm moving forward, a little every day.

    Good luck in your search. The right thing will come along, as long as you're open to everything.

    By Blogger Tara Lynn Johnson, at Saturday, May 26, 2007  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home