why ask why me?

Saturday, February 24, 2007

i caved

yeah....

so, um....

HOW many times have i bitched lately about "best friend"?

last week i finally went over to her house for the evening since her daughter was sick and didn't have gymnastics and lappy was sick so i couldn't do any school work at home....

i figured i would go and see how it went and kind of go from there.......

she started out by apologizing for not seeing me on my birthday and said that she wanted to take me out asap....

and... by the end of the night i had somehow ended up agreeing to be her emergency back-up babysitter tonight because her mother-in-law screwed her over...this weekend, every year, best friend & hubby are involved in an all day charity event.... on MONDAY the in-laws backed out of taking the kids all day & overnight..... so i agreeded to take the dinner to 10pm shift.....

granted, i love the kids & have missed spending time with them ~ and they both have missed me ~ as soon as they were dropped off by the afternoon coverage i got HUGE hugs - now i still expect it from the 8 year old girl, but not from the 11 year old BOY (i think he actually gave me a BIGGER, TIGHTER, and LONGER hug than his sister)... they are currently setting up their new "wii"

fortunatly they are getting along fairly well - or i would have to play the DISCIPLINARIAN.... which i don't want to do since i haven't really seen them in 6 months....
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
one BIG difference is that THIS time, they are insisting on paying me.....hummm... maybe the time w/o me around an my help made them realise how much they had been taking advantage of me?????
.
.
.
.
.
.
post bedtime update.... and since they have better wireless than my building gives, i have been able to do some updates on my blog template (aka - the right side)

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home