why ask why me?

Saturday, February 17, 2007

horridscope saturday / pissy bitching day

Telling people what they want to hear never works, although it may feel initially like it gets you off the hook. If you need more time to contemplate your next move, say so. It's within your rights.

OR - in this case, i'll just keep my mouth shut

ok, well, by now you all know, to say the least "best friend" - and yes, at this point in time i am using that term VERY LOOSELY has at best hurt my feelings and at worst slid to the bottom of the list of people i want to deal with for a long time

about 2 weeks before b-day she E-MAILED to find out what i wanted to do for my "big day" and i replied with 3 different suggestions. one was about a concert (for the previous FIVE YEARS she & her husband have taken me to one), one was about going to a play, and the third was just about going to dinner

the only response was "i don't know if we will be able to get a sitter for the concert"

OMG -- YOU HAVE 2 F*%$ing weeks to get a sitter and i KNOW it's not about money because even in their worst financial situations she has been honest about that

and what about the OTHER TWO suggestions i gave you!! HELLO!!! the concert wasn't the only suggestion i gave

fine

WHATEVER

anyway

so FINALLY, the day AFTER my b-day she calls and she & her kids yell the b-day song at me in the phone and she says they are on the way to dinner w/ her mom and she will call back on their way home to make plans for my b-day dinner

uh hu

NOT

FINALLY, she called me on THURSDAY, 30 minutes BEFORE school got out!!! she KNOWS i can't answer my cell at 2:45 - so to me that says avoidance - aka: i want to pretend to be the good friend but i really don't want to talk to you so i am calling you when i know you can't answer the phone. she left a long detailed message of why she didn't call back the day before and what was going on that night and how i should call back friday or today

i DO NOT THINK SO - why should I have to call HER to get HER to take ME out to dinner or even better, why should i call her to find out why she is too busy to help me celebrate my birthday

and yes - i KNOW i am being passive agressive, selfish, childish, and a bitch

7 Comments:

  • I don't think you're the one being a bitch...

    Just my thoughts.

    By Blogger Me, at Sunday, February 18, 2007  

  • if this were any other situation other than you birthday, i might be more forgiving but when it's your BEST friend and you have a tradition of celebrating together and you get no REAL explanation- that's totally grounds for pissed offedness in my book.

    i hope you two are able to clear the air because in the long run, maybe she can make it up to you. you get to feel angry right now though!

    By Blogger Sizzle, at Sunday, February 18, 2007  

  • It sounds like something worth talking about it. Even if you need to confront her about it ... in a gentle way.

    By Blogger -J, at Sunday, February 18, 2007  

  • ya see? that's why I don't have friends. people are annoying. lol

    By Blogger Webmiztris, at Sunday, February 18, 2007  

  • questiongirl, you are not over-reacting. Nope. What it is, is you see your friend picking up stakes, and moving on out.

    It sucks when they drift away.Over your birthday? Triple-sucks. Maybe she has something going on at home, but whatever it is, she is too busy for you, sorry. :-/

    Happy Birthday, belatedly. This year is gonna be alright...sending positive thoughts.

    By Blogger BullysE, at Monday, February 19, 2007  

  • Best friends are not allowed to make you feel like you don't matter, end of story. I hope she gets her shit straight.

    By Blogger Melissa, at Monday, February 19, 2007  

  • toilet paper her house.
    I'll help.

    By Blogger Jackass Jenn, at Tuesday, February 20, 2007  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home