why ask why me?

Wednesday, January 31, 2007

random catch-up

i lost FOUR pounds last week!!! YIPPI.... of course, i dont think i had lost a pound in 3 months.... how did celebrate? i had cake

actually thought, truth be told i have been REALLY REALLY good with my "new eating habits" - NOT a diet... i really DON'T eat junk food - people offer me candy and i say no thank you... i don't add salt or sugar.... i haven't been eating foods i am allergic to (and that is a LOT of food)and i drink a LOT of water every day - my students joke that i am going to pee my pants during class if i am not careful....

i am SO financially in a bind that i had to cut down from my hour workouts to half hour workouts....and then, today, super trainer - wow, she had to cancell last week due to a doctor's apt - well, it turns out she has breast cancer.... we are talking about a woman who is totally into eating healthy and taking car of herself, and she is only 40 years old - it kind of makes you think about why we kill ourselves to be so healthy though .... *sigh* she KNOWS she is going to have it removed and then she will have chemo & radiation - she KNOWS she will do the most aggressive therapy out there..... i feel so BAD for her and at the same time i don't know what to do for her....and then on the flip side - i feel selfish because i wonder how this will affect me because training wise, she is the best trainer at the gym for me - i KNOW that is selfish and self-centered - but at the same time, she WANTS to keep working...

work is.... i have been putting all the energy that i have into it - but it isn't enough - i am SO BEHIND..... i am basically doing exactly what i HAVE to do - and that is about it... i HAVE to do a turn around this weekend or i will be in SO MUCH TROUBLE

3 Comments:

  • when i was hired at my current job a well-loved co-worker was diagnosed with cervical cancer. she's a fighter but i can't help wondering what she was like prior to the diagnosis. i've only known her with the cancer. she's inspiring to me. i hope your trainer finds the fight in her.

    By Blogger Sizzle, at Wednesday, January 31, 2007  

  • 1. Congrats on the weight loss! That is so encouraging. I like how you said it is your new eating lifestyle....that is so true. Diets are temporary, but lifestyles are what help us maintain weight loss.

    2. It is sad to hear about your trainer, especially because as you said she has worked so hard to be healthy. The positive is that BECAUSE she is so healthy, she will respond better to treatment!

    By Blogger Mary Alice, at Thursday, February 01, 2007  

  • what happened with your trainer is exactly why I don't bother following the rules to stay healthy. I feel that whatever is going to happen, is going to happen regardless of how well I try to take care of myself. So I might as well indulge and be happy while I AM alive.

    By Blogger Webmiztris, at Thursday, February 01, 2007  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home