last post of 2006
blatantly, stolen from ms. sizzle, i have decided to list my intentions for 2007s
2006 in review
- january - to the amazement of my friends, i walked away from a "relationship" that on the outside looked great.... on the inside it had sucked the life out of me: no sex, no love, no physical comfort - just party on the weekends together and then he would pass out drunk... i don't play arm candy well....
- february - another birthday month alone....and lets not mention the "holiday"
- march - i am starting to get tired of being everyone's whipping girl... so i skipped out on saint patricks day! it was actually kind of nice.....
- april - got sick for the first time this year....... but i didn't say anything at work because i didn't want anyone to know.... i want my mommy
- may - i am tired of being told that i won't be taken home because i am jewish... so i gave in and logged onto e-harmony
- june - welcome me to blogger
- july - my dating life got crapped on... again
- august - when i went back to work this year, i was glad to have a job, but a lot of BAD things happened.... job's changed, people were sent to new schools, students are a lot worse than last year.... new administrators.... classrooms & sizes are different.... intentionally set fires.... basically, if you would like to know what a day in my life at work is like, watch the wire - no, i don't teach in the same location, but contrary to popular belief, kids in the middle of nowhere get into just as much trouble-or worse... and just because it doesn't make the news, doesn't mean it doesn't happen.
- september - went on a date....YEAH - didn't tell y'all about that - DID i?!?!? picked me up, took me to a nice restaurant, nice conversation, it was nice weather so we went for a walk around the square and saw the old men playing in their little quartet on the square.... and then he drove me home and -YEAH -the figured that since he paid for dinner that meant he deserved to get some..... remember that scene in "miss congeniality": sing: solar plexus, instep, nose, groin - ladies, LEARN IT! because it WORKS
- october - so evidently mr. september kept his mouth shut because i had another date on halloween..... we had gone to lunch a couple of saturdays w/ some friends and decided to go out for our first "alone" go that night..... clammy hands... can't carry a conversation on his own.... and informed me that night that he thinks that women should be home barefoot and pregnant once they are married
- november - i recognized the official death of a friendship when she got engaged and i didn't care.... btw, as i have heard the plans for this wedding i have actually become glad that i have no involvement too (orange dresses for the bridal party)
- december - i have resolved that there will be many changes in my next year..... my family and i have been working together so that the next 5 & 1/2 months will be me working & living in this town, but as a means to finishing out this school year and that is it.... yes i have been experiencing dating hell and my ex's keep crawling out of the wood work
my 2007 intentions
- move on from this town.... i have already been sending out applications for teaching in new areas of the country
- accept me for who i am, for i am a strong, intelligent woman
- ignore my internal critic, and if i can't ignore her - tell her to shove it
- take more chances
- go where i want to go, regardless of what others might think
- take more time for me
- continue saying no when i want to
- start asking for help
i hope you all have a safe & happy new year