why ask why me?

Saturday, December 16, 2006

the "office" party

so, we ALL know it is holiday season

for those of you who don't know much about judaism - HANUKKAH IS NOT A MAJOR HOLIDAY!! it just seems like it due to the commercialization of christmas. i grew up in a home w/ a professor of comparative religion, i know more about religion than some cathloic school graduates - i am NOT into holidays - so sue me.

i am the lone jew in my school - well of the teachers, there are a couple students who are too

so, someone thought it would be a GREAT idea to DECORATE the classroom doors of the school AND to get a 20 FOOT tree for the lobby and EVERYONE should make a non-religious ornament

gee, why am i not getting into this?

a sub in the building offered to decorate my door for me because she knows how tough my class load is and she knows that my prep period is usually spent running around like a chicken w/ my head cut off - she even got hanukkah paper - but she only did half the door, so of course, my door looks like ass now....

and i don't have an ornament - since i couldn't put a menorah or a star of david on my ornament what the hell else would i put on it since everyone else wrote "merry x-mass" on theirs - so now i am the ungrateful one....

AND THEN CAME THE PARTY

the district covers a fairly large area and has like 20 buildings and has a big party for all the buildings next week.... but our building has its own party.... and it was last night....

well, for those of you who LOOK at your calendars, you know it was hanukkah - and thank you to those of you who sent me happy hanukkah e-mails *potc's*... so i was going to go to temple and i was using it as my way to get out of the party - granted services aren't that long

anyway - my principal backdoors me and makes me go to the damn thing by paying FOR ME... i admit it wasn't BAD, but it wasn't GOOD - oh, and the principal then no showed

and out of the 60 people who were there, only one wished me happy hanukkah

i guess i figure if you are going to ram YOUR holiday down my throat, remember mine too

what am i trying to say here? i dont know - i guess today is just a vent day

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

  • Hi QG- Happy Channukah. Did you get my Yom Kippur and Rosh Hashannah cards? I hate when the post office loses them in the mail!

    By Blogger Phil, at Saturday, December 16, 2006  

  • I'm not an attorney ... wait, yes I am. Well whatever. It appears that your school is violating the Constitution by not fairly representing all of the religions in their decorations and such.

    However, I particularly enjoyed the part where your principal "back doored" you and they all rammed it down your throat.

    By Blogger -J, at Sunday, December 17, 2006  

  • Vent away, girlfriend. Your vents are always entertaining.

    By Blogger Thomas, at Sunday, December 17, 2006  

  • Hmm...if I was in your situation, having the boss there would have made things worse. ;) But I know where you're coming from.

    Hang in there...just a few more days.

    By the way, Lowry says happy holidays--he's sorry they're being buttheads at your work--and he misses you too!

    I love playing messenger. ;)

    By Blogger Me, at Sunday, December 17, 2006  

  • Merry Christmas... just kidding.

    Scott

    By Blogger Scott, at Monday, December 18, 2006  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home