why ask why me?

Sunday, December 31, 2006

last post of 2006

inspired by many i decided to first do a year in review. however, much of my year has not been blogged, so maybe it will be a new view of me for some of you....

THEN

blatantly, stolen from ms. sizzle, i have decided to list my intentions for 2007s

2006 in review



  • january - to the amazement of my friends, i walked away from a "relationship" that on the outside looked great.... on the inside it had sucked the life out of me: no sex, no love, no physical comfort - just party on the weekends together and then he would pass out drunk... i don't play arm candy well....
  • february - another birthday month alone....and lets not mention the "holiday"
  • march - i am starting to get tired of being everyone's whipping girl... so i skipped out on saint patricks day! it was actually kind of nice.....
  • april - got sick for the first time this year....... but i didn't say anything at work because i didn't want anyone to know.... i want my mommy
  • may - i am tired of being told that i won't be taken home because i am jewish... so i gave in and logged onto e-harmony
  • june - welcome me to blogger
  • july - my dating life got crapped on... again
  • august - when i went back to work this year, i was glad to have a job, but a lot of BAD things happened.... job's changed, people were sent to new schools, students are a lot worse than last year.... new administrators.... classrooms & sizes are different.... intentionally set fires.... basically, if you would like to know what a day in my life at work is like, watch the wire - no, i don't teach in the same location, but contrary to popular belief, kids in the middle of nowhere get into just as much trouble-or worse... and just because it doesn't make the news, doesn't mean it doesn't happen.
  • september - went on a date....YEAH - didn't tell y'all about that - DID i?!?!? picked me up, took me to a nice restaurant, nice conversation, it was nice weather so we went for a walk around the square and saw the old men playing in their little quartet on the square.... and then he drove me home and -YEAH -the figured that since he paid for dinner that meant he deserved to get some..... remember that scene in "miss congeniality": sing: solar plexus, instep, nose, groin - ladies, LEARN IT! because it WORKS
  • october - so evidently mr. september kept his mouth shut because i had another date on halloween..... we had gone to lunch a couple of saturdays w/ some friends and decided to go out for our first "alone" go that night..... clammy hands... can't carry a conversation on his own.... and informed me that night that he thinks that women should be home barefoot and pregnant once they are married
  • november - i recognized the official death of a friendship when she got engaged and i didn't care.... btw, as i have heard the plans for this wedding i have actually become glad that i have no involvement too (orange dresses for the bridal party)
  • december - i have resolved that there will be many changes in my next year..... my family and i have been working together so that the next 5 & 1/2 months will be me working & living in this town, but as a means to finishing out this school year and that is it.... yes i have been experiencing dating hell and my ex's keep crawling out of the wood work

my 2007 intentions

  1. move on from this town.... i have already been sending out applications for teaching in new areas of the country
  2. accept me for who i am, for i am a strong, intelligent woman
  3. ignore my internal critic, and if i can't ignore her - tell her to shove it
  4. take more chances
  5. go where i want to go, regardless of what others might think
  6. take more time for me
  7. continue saying no when i want to
  8. start asking for help

i hope you all have a safe & happy new year

4 Comments:

  • Nice to see where you came from, before Blogger. ;)

    And just remember what I've always told you...make them work for it.

    Happy New Year.

    By Blogger Me, at Sunday, December 31, 2006  

  • great recap & list. here's hopig 2007 is a banner year!

    By Blogger Sizzle, at Sunday, December 31, 2006  

  • Good recap of the year. I just started reading your blog, but I love what you have to say.

    And, if you want something REALLY different, try Arizona. Phoenix suburbs are constantly looking for good teachers. But the downside is the FREAKIN HELL HOT summers. Which is why I moved to the Pacific Northwest!

    Happy New Year to you.

    By Blogger Kerstin, at Sunday, December 31, 2006  

  • I'm new here, but nice recap. Happy new year.

    By Blogger Bone, at Thursday, January 04, 2007  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home