why ask why me?

Wednesday, November 01, 2006

friendship

the test of the life or death of a friendship



once again i am officially the only person in my world single...

@ a year ago, girl who helped me get my job met a guy...

she called me this morning during homeroom and left me a message - "you have to come over here ASAP"

i knew she had gotten engaged last night.... don't ask how, but i knew








and i didn't care







and i didn't want to see the ring either






i had a crazy day scheduled and didn't think i would make it over there so i called and said "did he give you a ring"

she said "you need to come over here"

i told her i'd try - and i did..... personally, i think the ring is butt ugly, and it is TOTALLY NOT HER STYLE - but whatever

she is happy

and i didn't even care

i wasn't even nauseated

i don't even want to cry because i am still single and she isn't




i never thought i would feel devoid of emotion for a friend when something good happened but i am - i am actually more upset that i can't bring myself to feel anything



so does this mean the friendship is gone and we are just co-workers or am i really a cold hearted bitch?

9 Comments:

  • I've been single for quite a while now, and I think I know what you mean. I don't think you are a cold hearted bitch. I think that people like you and I are void of the emotion that is required for us to feel excited for others when it may have been a while since we had that emotion for ourselves.

    Damn. I need to start dating again.

    Peace!

    By Blogger CP, at Wednesday, November 01, 2006  

  • Can I vote for answer C? I think you're happy but not happy about it and I think your unhappy but ok with it. You certainly are not happy with your situation, though, in my humble opinion.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Thursday, November 02, 2006  

  • Why would single be so bad?

    By Blogger Barry, at Thursday, November 02, 2006  

  • I don't think you are either of those things...sometimes, we just don't get excited about stuff. You aren't a bad person because of that.

    And I agree with Barry...why does single have to be "bad"? You've heard enough "horror" stories from me in regards to marriage--it's not all "good," just like single isn't all "bad."

    Cheer up.

    By Blogger Me, at Thursday, November 02, 2006  

  • it is human and natural to feel this way.

    no one is above feeling this way. so know we have all been there.

    i just went through hell and back - and I am still standing - so I believe you can get out of whatever it is you are feeling

    cheer up!

    :)

    By Blogger Rachel Heather, at Thursday, November 02, 2006  

  • definitely you're a bitch.

    kidding!

    if you aren't feeling good about being single then you aren't going to feel thrilled for your friends and their coupleness. it's natural and it will shift, eventually. don't beat yourself up. and hey- be grateful you don't have a buttugly ring on your finger!

    :) Sizz

    By Blogger Sizzle, at Friday, November 03, 2006  

  • All of these damn married people, so smug in their coupledom. Annoying...hehe..

    Hope that you are in a better mood today!

    Scott

    By Blogger Scott, at Friday, November 03, 2006  

  • You're not a bitch and the friendship isn't gone. Stop mourning what you don't have and enjoy what you do. The rest will fall into place on it's own.

    By Blogger Phil, at Friday, November 03, 2006  

  • You have to feel good about being single, QG. Don't be bothered by other people's happiness. Create your own, because in the end that is what a man wants to share. If you don't have it, he will not come.

    By Blogger ThursdayNext, at Sunday, November 05, 2006  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home