why ask why me?

Sunday, September 03, 2006

Education

Anyone who has ever spoken with a teacher, or who has a child in school, or who has ever paid any attention to educational politics has heard of NCLB (No Child Left Behind)....

I am a teacher. I am effected by NCLB (almost always negatively) every single day. Just the amount of paperwork required by this legislation makes many new teachers quit after their first year.

The way this legislation is written I am required to assess my SPECIAL EDUCATION/LEARNING DISABLED students in the EXACT SAME WAY with the EXACT SAME TEST as your honors student. Oh, and my SPED/LD kid needs to get the EXACT SAME SCORE as your honors student.

And what happens if this doesn't happen? The government will take over "my school" and do it themselves.

GUESS WHAT - it DOESN'T WORK THAT WAY

So if you have any interest in where your educational tax dollars are being spent, check out this Phi Delta Kappa/Gallup Poll Article

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home