why ask why me?

Wednesday, August 16, 2006

the KING is dead, or IS he????

i admit, i do not own a velvet elvis, nor a pair of blue suede shoes... ok, i don't even own any of his music...

but i do recognize that for millions of you, today is either a day of mourning or, a day of speculation - is he REALLY gone??

for those of you who haven't had the opportunity to celebrate elvis today, these are for you:

Only you
Can make all this world seem right,
Only you
Can make the darkness bright,
Only you, and you alone
Can thrill me like you do
And do fill my heart with love for only you.
Only you
Can make all this change in me,
For it's true
You are my destiny.
When you hold my hand, I understand
The magic that you do,
You're my dream come true,
My one and only you.
Only you
Can make all this change in me,
For it's true
You are my destiny.
When you hold my hand, I understand
The magic that you do,
You're my dream come true,
My one and only you.

Labels:

6 Comments:

  • I remember as kid that Elvis died one week before his scheduled concert in my city. One of my friend's mother's was very upset.

    By Blogger Phil, at Friday, August 18, 2006  

  • Girl, I love me some Elvis. I can sing all the songs, I've seen all the movies, I own all the music. And I vividly remember the day he died. My mother actually cried.

    I *heart* Elvis, no matter where he is.

    By Blogger Melissa, at Friday, August 18, 2006  

  • phil & mel

    you just SO aged yourselves

    : )

    By Blogger question girl, at Friday, August 18, 2006  

  • Elvis??? Oh, that dude who died a few months before I was born. ;)
    LOL. Sorry, just trying to NOT age myself.

    I can sing along to the songs as well...but the white jumpsuit-wearing Elvis creeps me out a little.

    By Blogger Me, at Friday, August 18, 2006  

  • 34 and damn happy to be there. 33 blew the fleet, 34 can only be better.

    By Blogger Melissa, at Friday, August 18, 2006  

  • Elvis.... never really been my thing, but his early stuff was magnificent.

    I missed your post about Remember the Titans, I can watch that movie any time as well. So good...

    Scott

    By Blogger Scott, at Friday, August 18, 2006  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home