why ask why me?

Tuesday, August 08, 2006

7 things i cook best

Food - it is such an integral part of our lives.

Every family gathering in my life has revolved around food....This past weekend was no exception - a bunch of family met to catch up and of course we had HUGE family meals that lasted for a few hours....

The traditional "Jewish" brunch if you are from the NY area is: bagels, cream cheese, lox (smoked salmon), & white fish... some like to add tomatoes, others lettuce, some like smoked herring, others like sliced onion.

Oh, and lots and LOTS of COFFEE.... ok, tea too.... and don't forget the battle of the oj vs apple juice.....

Now, this is a meal i can put together w/o a problem...

Other meals, that is where things get interesting...

A few years ago, i worked in a job where i had to prepare meals for a large group of individuals on a daily basis - some were clients, others were co-workers - EVERY NIGHT i was complimented, asked for recipes, even asked to "teach" others how to make my meals...

unfortunately, i now cannot cook for one. So until i have a family, it is cereal, sandwhiches, microwave meals, salads, and an occasional steak on the grill...

So today i decided to share with you my culinary expertise, so check out this weeks 7's list: 7 things i "cook" best

Labels:

4 Comments:

  • I friggin love cereal. Capt Crunch, Lucky Charms, Fruit Loops. Even the real Cereals like Special K, Raisin Bran and Vector taste damn good!!

    By Blogger IDigHootchAndCootch, at Wednesday, August 09, 2006  

  • Hey there and thanks for the comment on my blog! I've been catching your comments on phils site and get a kick out of them? Would you mind if I linked you to my anonymous blog? The idea behind it is that nobody on this blog knows me in the real world and I'm keeping my identity a secret. WIth that said, I'm going to not censor myself or what I see. It's a liberating experiment, but I wonder how many people I will piss off! :)

    By Blogger Ego's Alter, at Wednesday, August 09, 2006  

  • hooch - i can just see you: standing over the kitchen sink eathing bowls of cereal day in and day out!

    ea - by all means - i too have been checking out your blog - i'm honored to be linked on your blog... and my i link yours?
    btw - maybe you will make an ea g-mail acct so these kinds of converstaions can be done via e-mail!

    By Blogger question girl, at Thursday, August 10, 2006  

  • you know, they sell 'cooking for one" cookbooks if ya get sick of cereal ;0)
    or you could go crazy and get the 'cooking for two' book and have leftovers for lunch!

    By Blogger mckay, at Saturday, August 12, 2006  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home