why ask why me?

Thursday, July 20, 2006

Something's Gotta Give

now, typically songs interest me and i sing along with them but i don't usually internalize them..... but this one is SO TOTALLY MY LIFE RIGHT NOW! it literally describes my dating fiascos this past month ~ hence i will waste space and post the lyrics! (ok, but i have a dog - and only 30 candles will be on my cake next year) and i am putting a (short term) moratorium on dating for the rest of this month.... (well, maybe)

off to the gym!!!!

Artist: Leann Rimes
Album: This Woman
Title: Something's Gotta Give

Jenny's got a job, a cat named Jake,
31 candles on her birthday cake
Next year

Thought by now she'd have a man
Two car seats and a minivan
But it still ain't here (hey!)

She's been lookin' for Mr. Right so long
But all she's found is Mr. Wrong
That's the pitts

She's drawn a line that she won't cross
Her and time are facing off
She says something's gotta give

Chorus
Something's gotta give me butterflies
Something's gotta make me feel alive
Something's gotta give me dreams at night
Something's gotta make me feel alright
I don't know where it is
But something's gotta give

Friday night she had a date
Cell phone junky a half hour late
That's the biz baby

She's riding out the twists of fate
She's had all that she can take
She says something's gotta give

(repeat chorus)

I swear
There's got to be a meant to be for me out there
Somewhere someday
I'm gonna find someone, somehow, someway

Jenny's got a job, a cat named Jake,
31 candles on her birthday cake
Next year

She thought by now she'd have a man
Two car seats and a minivan
She says something's got,
Something's got,
Something's gotta

Labels:

4 Comments:

  • I love that song! You should check out "Summer Girl" by Jessica Andrews (well anything by her, really!) and "Simple as it Should Be" by Tristan Prettyman too! They're equally as awesome!

    By Blogger Bre, at Thursday, July 20, 2006  

  • Oh wow...even though I'm married, I still get the jist of this song--and connect with it on a few levels.

    It continues to amaze me how much the two of us seemingly have in common! :)

    By Blogger Me, at Thursday, July 20, 2006  

  • bre - i have heard summer girl... i'll have to check out the other one... there is also a new on by michell branch & another girl that has just came out that i really connect w/ also but i dont know the name of the song or their "group" name


    me - i know - there are days i read your blog and i feel like you have posted my exact thoughts

    By Blogger question girl, at Thursday, July 20, 2006  

  • Be patient QC, a girl like you is a catch. Someday a smart enough guy will see that.

    By Blogger Phil, at Friday, July 21, 2006  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home