why ask why me?

Sunday, July 02, 2006

Dating delusions

So, a friend of a friend introduced me to a guy a few months ago - NOT a blind date, just a bunch of people hanging out. So "guy" got my number, and called me. He went out of town, and he called me, he came back to town and I left town. And he called me.

So we went out. Just the 2 of us. It was fun. He picked me up, and I got a "WOW" when the door opened. He opened the car door, made sure the car temp was comfortable, held the door to the restaurant open. We were definitely both nervous. We laughed. We lingered over drinks and dessert.

He dropped me off, kissed me, and then he called me - ON HIS WAY HOME.

And then we fell back into a repeat of the pattern of trying to meet again and both of us having conflicts.

Or did we?

Now, I don't expect any man to be monogamous after a number of phone calls and one date. However, I would expect a guy to be a bit more careful when talking to me and dating others.

A couple nights ago, we talked. We made definite plans. We are going to go to fireworks on Tuesday together and the group party.

And then "guy" e-mails friend about the HOT CHICK he went on a date with the other night. Now this wouldn't be a problem, excecpt that friend forwards said e-mail to other buddy. Who e-mails it to his girlfriend, who happens to be MY friend. MY friend, then attempts to reply back to the guys with questions about her, and should she let me know since we are all supposed to be at fire works together.

but OOPS. The reply all button is hit instead. And the guys don't realize this so they all send her responses to her questions... And I get them too.

So now I know all about hot girl, and that no one is supposed to talk about her on Tuesday.

What is a girl to do????

Labels:

4 Comments:

  • If I were you, I would make fun of this supposed "hot girl." Not in a mean way, but something like asking the guy, "Do you think I qualify as a hot girl?"

    By Blogger Thomas, at Monday, July 03, 2006  

  • thomas

    you are a blessing dressed up as a man...

    unforutnatly, she IS a hot girl from all accounts and well, i keep hearing "you are so pretty" and "man you are cute" WAY to much

    By Blogger question girl, at Tuesday, July 04, 2006  

  • isn't email a GREAT thing?

    By Blogger Andrea, at Tuesday, July 04, 2006  

  • i was talking about the whole situation with a friend who is outside of the group... he reminded me that the internet has put a whole new twist on life - prime example being our blogs

    By Blogger question girl, at Tuesday, July 04, 2006  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home