why ask why me?

Monday, July 31, 2006

call them fish, call them frogs, i just want a decent one to call

i read

i read A LOT

i can read an entire book in one sitting

my friends know i love to read, so they are constantly finding books for me on the bargain table

best friend heard about this book, "you have to kiss a lot of frogs" so she bought it for me. she also got me the follow up "looking for mr. good frog"

she says, they are about a single jewish girl, looking for love - just like you

gee - thanks for the reminder BF

so i sit down... and i start reading... and i read.. and i read some more..

and i have to agree, at times this is funny, at times sad, at times similar, at times a heck of a lot worse than what i have experienced

and THEN the author/main character is older then me

WHY WOULD ANYONE GIVE ME NOT JUST ONE, but TWO books about a single woman who is STILL SINGLE in her 40's!?!?!?!?

ARGH

Labels: , , ,

7 Comments:

  • It could be worse, you could be bald.

    By Blogger Grampa, at Monday, July 31, 2006  

  • Still single in her 40's? Oh god. Is this what I have to look forward to?

    Thanks for the stop by. Of course I don't mind if you use the "Currently Reading" or if you link me. Thanks for the offer.

    By Blogger Lindsey, at Monday, July 31, 2006  

  • That will NOT be you, dear. Not ever.

    If she's single and in her 40's, you might not want to read from her about looking for love.

    By Blogger Lowry, at Monday, July 31, 2006  

  • I'm sure she was trying to make you feel better. You know, at least you're not her. Yet. Believe me QG, you'll be fine.

    By Blogger Phil, at Monday, July 31, 2006  

  • grampa - LOL - well, w/ the current wether i might be better off bald - my hair wont do anything i try w/ it, it just frizzes

    linney - i KNOW...it was a good read until

    lowrey - *potc* you are a sweetheart...trust me, the last thing i do is read books for dating advice...

    phil - *potc* you are too kind..

    By Blogger question girl, at Monday, July 31, 2006  

  • Sometimes, even best friends can be stupid.

    Don't worry about it.

    By Blogger Me, at Tuesday, August 01, 2006  

  • Thank you so much for your email. I appreciated it. Please leave a comment on my blog anytime you choose, and I will come and visit yours without question, Question Girl.
    As for thoughtless friends, we have always had them, always will have them. Just blow them out of the water and ignore them.
    cheers, Ian

    By Blogger Ian Lidster, at Tuesday, August 01, 2006  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home