why ask why me?

Monday, June 26, 2006

Why ask "Why me?"


Well...., my best friend has decided that I am NOT to be the last single member of our group. Evidently she is neglecting the fact that I am the only single FEMALE in the group - and even if I was interested in any of the male members of our little "club" - SHE WOULDN'T LET ME DATE ANY OF THEM!! However, since I know all of them, and their ex's, I wouldn't touch any of them with the proverbial 10 foot pole.

Alas, what is a girl to do? BF decides that "we" -meaning me - are going on the prowl. Now, would this be that bad? No, but we live in a small town where we know everyone and - oh yeah, they all know us too!!

So, she dragged me out last night (YES - SUNDAY) and to the "bar/restaurant/pool hall" we went for overpriced drinks and underwhelming prospects. Which part of "we hate bars" did she forget? Oh, and which part of, once again, WE KNOW ALL OF THESE FREAKS does she also forget?

So finally at midnight she asks - I swear: "Why me?" I thought I was going to smack her.

"Why ask "Why me?" You are the one w/ the phenomenal husband at home, the 2 amazing kids, 2 dogs AND a cat. I am the one going home to curl up with my wonder dog who doesn't even bark, a heating pad, a book, and a possible phone call from an ex who either wants to try to convince me to have phone sex because he has been dumped again or he didn't get any from his "sure thing" or HE wants to whine at me "why me" because he got dumped. And you have the NERVE to ASK WHY ME?????"

I then turned on my heal and walked out. Thankfully I was smart enough to drive myself.

I love my friends. I really do - but when did my lack of a love life become their problem?

And no - she has NOT called me yet.........

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home