why ask why me?

Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Monogamy & Tapeworms

So last night I hung out with one of my friends from work. She has been married for years. But is unhappy. Catholic, 2 kids... blah, blah, blah... But she tells me she is in love with a friend of hers.

I come home from her place to find an e-mail from one of the ex's informing me that at 29 he realizes that he has settled for a marriage with a great woman who he has nothing in common with - except for their new born infant.

And then I read this:

GREAT - so does this mean that I need to give up my search for the right guy? Should I just throw caution to the wind and have a one night stand w/ they guy I have met once who keeps e-mailing me and calling me (now, I do actually like this guy, but he is basically looking for a one night stand and has said so).

BTW, guys... How long will a guy actually peruse a girl for a one night stand? This "dance" has been going on 2 months now. We chat online, e-mail, and talk on the phone all the time - timing has just been wrong to meet up again. We actually have a lot in common - but a lot of differences too.

What's a girl to do?

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home